Chiptuning Reseller Backend
Go to the Chiptuning Reseller Backend Portal Go there
Before you can use the Chiptuning Reseller portal there are a few steps that need to be completed:
- DO THIS FIRST: Check portal settings (! important !)
- Check your payment gateway settings
- Set up tuning types
- Set up products
- Do a test registration
here you will find an overview of files that are waiting for your actions.
Click on a file action to go to the file exchange screen and send your customers files
Probably the most important part of the platform. Here you can see all files that are open and files that have been completed.
Files on the left are waiting for your response. Files on the right have been completed already. You can find files by entering data in the search fields above the tables. You can search for values within the table such as email addresses or file names.
- Click on the file exchange icon to go to the file details and upload a file back to the customer
- Click on the trash bin to remove the file
In this screen you can exchange files with your customer. A customer uploaded a file to your portal and expects a file back from you.
- You can upload multiple files at once by dragging and dropping or using the file selection method to grab multiple files
- Uploading will continue while you're typing or adding details
- When the uploading is completed you will be notified and you can click Upload
- After the processing completed, you will be guided back to the overview screen. Notice that the file has moved from the left to the right table
To be able to manage customers in the portal, click Customers in the main menu. You will be presented an overview of your customers. To view details of a customer click the pen button next to it. The customer detail screen will open.
In the customer details section, you can edit almost all customer settings.
- Name and email details
- Type: business or Individual
- Address settings
- Credits: Enter a new value to change this - a registration of this will be made in the system
- VAT number & VAT Reverse Charge: Make sure this is entered correctly for your administration
- Password: Enter here to change the password on saving
Furthermore, you can see the related tickets to this customer and his financial and file history.
Chiptuning Reseller contains an extensive ticket support system that you can use to help your customers. Click Support Center in the menu to open it.
Create a new ticket
To create a new ticket that you send to a customer, click Create on the right top side of the Support center. Enter the email address of the customer. If you don't know it, you need to go to the customer overview and click there to create a ticket for a customer. Remember, you can only send tickets on files that are exchanged.
After clicking on the Use selected data & continue button, you will be taken to the Ticket Details screen. Here you can set up the message for your customer.
You can also add files here if needed. If you've entered all data, you can just click the submit reply button to send the message to the customer.
Once a ticket has been made by either you or your customer, you can view it's details. Click the pen icon next to a ticket to edit it. The details of a ticket will show up as a conversation display. On the left you see the message buttons with their titles. Click on one to open it's details. There are a few options here:
- Reply button: Reply to the current ticket instance - the text fields will open
- Assign to another user: If you think this ticket isn't for you, you can assign it to a different colleague
- Mark unread: Mark this ticket as unread to make it lighten up again
To close a ticket, click Close case or to successfully finish it, click Finish case. The ticket will go down to the overview.
If you want to view the file details, you can click the button on the right. This will take you away from the current ticket and you need to search for it again.
Click on Credits in the main menu. The Credit overview screen will open.
When customers buy or spend credits you can see the transactions here. If you click the exchange button, you can see the details of a credit-transaction. If you want to roll back an credit action, click the rollback button. The credits will be either given back or taken from the customer. Please be careful with this functionality.
See financial transactions between your customers and you. If a customers buys credits for example, you can find the corresponding transaction here. To view details of an invoice, just click the exchange button and the information will appear. To download the PDF invoice, you can just click the PDF button. You can also re-submit the invoice to your customer via email. To do this, click Submit invoice to customer via email.
To be able to use the Chiptuning Reseller system, you need to have portals set up and ready. With portals you can attach one or more websites to the Chiptuning Reseller system, which makes it easy for you to do business for multiple websites in one place.
Click on Reseller and then open the Portals page. You will see the portals that are installed for you. Is a portal missing? Please contact your account manager to have it set up!
In portal settings you can change various important settings for your website (portal). The following info is editable:
- Name: The name that will be shown to customers and all other communication
- Currency: The currency that you will work in (this will also show up in invoices)
- Payment Gateway: The payment gateway being used. This can only be changed by CTR Admins.
- Credits description: If you work with a different name for credits, enter it here
- Logo: You can upload a logo that will be shown on the portal and invoices
Depending on your settings you can see other portal settings on the right in the table. Please take great care in editing them, as this can result in a unusable portal. Ask your account manager for more information. There are also HTML pages in these settings. If you're sure of what you're doing, copy the value to a HTML editor (Dreamweaver for example), edit the values there and past it back into the text field.
Payment Gateway Settings
Depending on your preferences you can have different payment gateways that your customers can use. In the portal details section you can change the keys for your payment gateways. Please only change this when you know what you're doing. If you need help, just ask your account manager. If you're using PayPal,
Email Settings (Very important!)
To make sure your emails are being delivered to your customers, it's very important that your email settings are entered and checked valid.
- mail_from: The email address you want to show the customer where your mail is sent from (for example email@example.com)
- mail_smtp_address: The SMTP mail server (for example smtp.mailtrap.com)
- mail_smtp_port: The SMTP port your mail should go through. (for example 587 or 25)
- mail_smtp_username: Your SMTP username (for example firstname.lastname@example.org)
- mail_smtp_password: Your SMTP password (for example myPassWord#Here)
- mail_notifications: Where you want file upload notifications (and other notifications) go to? VERY important!
The above settings are very important! After changing, please check your email with the 'Test Mail' functionality.
To do this, just enter your own email address in the text box underneath the settings and click Send test email.
If the system says success and you receive the email, everything is ok. If it gives an error and you can't get it to work, contact your account manager, as this is preventing customers from using your portals!
Important! ADD SPF TO YOUR OWN SERVER
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing, a common vulnerability, by verifying sender IP addresses.
If you do not have a SPF record, please add the following one to your domain:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:18.104.22.168 ~all
This is very important, because this makes it possible for our application to send emails on your behalf of your own website. Customers won't see that it is sent by our system this way.
Products, Tuning Types and Credits
In Chiptuning Reseller, Products, Tuning Types and Credits can be managed from one screen.
To be able to do business your customers must be able to buy credits, and select various tuning types. You can manage these by clicking Reseller and then click Products.
There are multiple types of products:
- Chiptuning: Products in this category can be chosen as tuning type (stage 1, stage 2 etc)
- Tuning Hardware: If you sell tuning hardware, you can add it here. The tuning hardware webshop will be available at a later moment
- Credits: These are the items customers can actually buy
Edit Product / Tuning Type / Credit Details
To add a product, click the Create button on the right top, to edit a product click the edit button next to a product. It will open the details screen. You can edit the following details:
- Short name: This name will be displayed as a clickable item for the customer
- Long name: This will be shown as description or extra text
- Credits: The amount of credits you want to charge for this product
- Amount (only for purchaseable credits): The amount in the set currency you want to charge for this item
- VAT (only for purchaseable credits): The VAT amount for this product. You can set VAT eligible for a customer in a customers' details
- Category: The type or category of this product. Select 'credits' to be able to set the amount, select 'chiptuning' to add a tuning type
- Vehicle type: (when selected category is Chiptuning) the vehicle type this product applies to
- Portal: The portal (website) you want this product to show up
- Files: You can attach files or images here for extra information
With these items you can setup your inventory and available tuning types. Ask your account manager for more information if needed.
The above picture shows the tuning types for 'Cars' (this is the customer front-end portal). The additional tuning types can be checked by the customer upon request.
Making a test registration
To make sure everything works as you want it to, you should make a test registration on the portal you want to run live. To do this, go to your test portal, for example https://demo.chiptuningreseller.com (or whatever you set as your portal URL). Now, click 'register' to create a new account
- Enter the details in the first screen as you see fit (email, firstname, lastname and address line 1 are required)
- Click next and enter the company details as well - VAT numbers are important if you want to be VAT reverse charge eligible
- When all done, enter a suitable password, check the accept boxes (check if the terms are OK) and click Register
Setting up PayPal credentials
When you are using PayPal to handle payments, you need to make sure you have a PayPal Client-ID and a Secret that our application can use.
To do this, you need to have Developer functionalities enabled. Read all about creating your developer account on the PayPal website:
Click here for Developer Information
Once you've setup the developer account, create an app
Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications and click the Sandbox or Live option. In production sites, use the Live version!
Then, click Create App to create a new app. Enter a logical name (like Chiptuning Website) - in Sandbox: select your Sandbox or Live Business Account.
Then click the button Create app to create it. This will make a new app for you to be used by our application.
Then click the created app, and you will see the credentials. To get the Secret just click the Show button. Copy and paste these items to your Chiptuning Reseller Portal settings, and test them out by making a new payment (add a test product to enable a small fee only). If you're having difficulties setting up PayPal, please contact your account manager and we will help you where possible.